Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
ICSI Fertility Treatment in Noida NCR
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is a procedure performed to fertilize an egg during the IVF procedure. Intracytoplasmic sperm infusion, or ICSI, includes infusing a live sperm straightforwardly into the focal point of a human egg. ICSI treatment is performed when the male partner suffers from infertility due to various reasons. ICSI is an Intracytoplasmic sperm injection in which sperm is injected into the egg. ICSI is a very efficient way to fertilize eggs in the laboratory.
ICSI Fertility Treatment in Noida NCR– IVF techniques involve ICSI to overcome severe male infertility. Very advanced micromanipulation equipment and inverted microscope are used. It enables the Embryologist (who specializes in embryo, eggs, and sperms) to pick up the sperm with the special ICSI needle.
• The special advanced ICSI needle is put into the outer shell of the egg membrane and the sperm gets injected into the inner part of the egg (cytoplasm). This process results in normal fertilization of approximately 75-85%.
• Before starting the procedure, Different medications must be given to the woman to get stimulated with medications and have an egg retrieval process. After that embryologist can obtain multiple eggs for IN VITRO FERTILIZATION (IVF) and INTRACYTOPLASMIC INSEMINATION (ICSI).
Some of the following Indications for Intracytoplasmic Insemination (ICSI- ICSI Fertility ICSI ICSI Fertility Treatment in Noida-NCR ) are:
- Couple having Unexplained fertility.
- Couple having a failure in previous IVF cycle.
- Abnormal or low sperm count. Less than 15-20 million per milliliter
- Abnormal sperm morphology.
- Ejaculatory dysfunction.
- Low motility rate of the Sperms. Less than 35%.
- Immunological factors.
- Testicular Cancer.
Sometimes it also gets used for the couple who have a low amount of eggs during the egg retrieval procedure. In these cases, Intracytoplasmic Insemination (ICSI) is used to get an increased amount of fertilized eggs than the normal insemination of the eggs and sperms together.
How is ICSI performed?
- Firstly, the matured egg is held with a specialized thin telescope-like holding structure.
- Then a very delicate, hollow and sharp needle is used. It is used to pick a single sperm.
- Then, the hollow needle is inserted into the pellucid zona (the shell of the egg) and through the cytoplasm of the egg.
- Then, the sperm gets injected in the cytoplasm with the help of a needle and then the needle is removed.
- The eggs get checked very next morning as evidence of normal fertilization.
According to the reports, the success rate Fertilization and pregnancy with ICSI
ICSI Fertility Treatment in Noida – It estimated, IVF treatments using ICSI have a success rate of 70-85%. It is called fertilization rate and it is quite different from the success rate of pregnancy.
Success rates of Pregnancy for in vitro fertilization(IVF) process with ICSI has been shown in some studies to be higher. The reason is that in many of the cases the female is relatively young and fertile having good egg quantity and quality as compared to other women in the different IVF procedure.