Diagnosis and Treatment of Unexplained Infertility
The rate of unexplained infertility has been increased in the past decades. Three decades earlier there are 10-20% cases of unexplained infertility but it has been increased to 40%.
In order to understand infertility firstly we have to understand how pregnancy happens in multi-steps:
- The first step, ovulation happens when the women body releases an egg from one of her ovaries.
- The second step happens in the female womb when the egg goes through a fallopian tube towards the uterus.
- The third step is fertilization, in which man’s supermarket fertilizes the egg along the way.
- Implantation, the fertilized egg attaches to the inside of the uterus.
If any of the above steps gets impaired then infertility get occur.
Sometimes infertility causes remains unexplained. Unexplained infertility is a situation in which fertility doesn’t happen even despite all the factors are normal. Many times we don’t know the reason because we don’t know the reason of all our tests like:- male semen, ultrasound, blood test comes like a infertile couple.
IN ADAM&EVE HOSPITAL WE EVALUATE EACH AND EVERY CASE OF UNEXPLAINED INFERTILITY VERY CAREFULLY, IT IS A TOPIC WITH WHICH A PATIENT GET MISGUIDED. OUR HOSPITAL IS EQUIPPED WITH WELL EDUCATED SPECIALISTS AND HIGHLY ADVANCE EQUIPMENT.
Causes of unexplained infertility
- Thyroid problems – Disorders of the thyroid gland can interrupt menstrual cycle or cause infertility.
- Cancer- Fertility can be severely affected by Female reproductive cancer. Both radiotherapy and chemotherapy can affect women able to reproduce or to get pregnant.
- Other condition– Medical conditions associated with delayed puberty or the absence of menstruation (amenorrhea) such as celiac disease, Cushing disease, Sickle cell disease, kidney disease or diabetes can affect a women fertility. Genetial problems can also seriously affect pregnancy.
- Certain medications– Temporary infertility may occur with the use of certain medication. In most case, fertility is restored when the medication is stopped.
- Age factor– Over age 40 women and men will become less fertile.