Egg Donation Process
Egg donation is a process by which a women donates her eggs to other women who is unable to conceive a child that they want. A women ovary often loses its ability to produce the healthy eggs needed to conceive for a variety of reasons such as age, genetic disorders, previous surgeries and etc. These are the reasons a women required to find a Egg donor.
Here is egg donation process:
1) When the egg donor is matched the perspective parents, then they undergo a screening process prior to starting the egg donation cycle.
2) Egg donation cycle starts with egg donor put in birth control pills which synchronizes both the donor’s and recepient’s menstruation cycle.
3) Then, donor will be given various types of injections and also go through various type of screening test to monitor the follicle growth.
4) When the follicle reaches to its maturity level then injection of HCG is administered for retrieval . HCG prepared the donor’s ovaries to release the egg.
5) The egg retrieval will take place approximately 36 hours after the HCG injection.
6) Egg retrieval is a short procedure lasting 30 minutes or less. However, the donor will need to rest for an hour or two, at the clinic after the retrieval.
7) The donor can return to their normal routine one day after retrieval with exception of physically strenuous activity or exercise.