Stress and Infertility
Experts have stated that Extreme Stress prevents pregnancy. Adrenaline is a hormone released by our body during stress. Adrenaline hinders hormone Progesterone to get utilized, which is essential for fertility.
Infertility causes couple to face a lot of stressful experience with a feeling of animosity and failure. It can also affect relationships difficulties, which have emotional effects on the couple and create a negative feeling. These negative feelings can influence a range of emotions like angry, depressed, hopeless, distrust, etc and led to serious health problems such as stroke, insomnia, high blood pressure, headache etc.
How Stress effects INFERTILITY?
Experts have stated that stress amplify stress hormones like adrenaline, cortisol etc. which hinders the release of GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone). GnRH is the important hormone in release of sex hormone. Eventually ovulation is restrained and sperm count get decreased.
GnRH is the most important hormone. It gestures to begin the release of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), these hormones revitalizes the ovaries or testes to release estrogens and androgens. Any disturbance to GnRH can result insufficient release of sex hormones and cause organs to no longer work. Extreme stress lowers libido in men and women.
A number of studies shown that high level of stress increases production of Abnormal sperm. In Germany, a group of people rapes a women and impregnated her. As a result they were sentenced to death. After observing their semen, doctor found that sperm count is zero. But they were fertile when they raped that women. So this shows stress of death affected negativity on sperm.
How to reduce the effect of Stress on Fertility?
It is very important to identify unrevealed stress and stay aware of the impact on lives of people.
Some points to reduce the effect of stress :-
1) Beware of Stress and try to reduce :– Notice the stress of the life and try to reduce it. Ignoring stress can make a person miserable. Less stress can improve the quality of life. Suppose a person have problem with his job then try for new one or look any other way to solve it.
2) Reduce the intensity of emotional Reaction to Stress :- This idea is actually challenging to get over and over again. This takes some attention and practice. Stress reaction depends on the perception of danger.
3)Have herbs to reduce stress and Increase Fertility :- Extreme stress lowers lipid both in men and women. Herbs boosts the nervous system and decreases stress response. Herbs helps in stress management are :- shatavari root, schisandra, chamomile flowers, ashwagandha root, lemon balm leaf, linden flower and bract etc.
4) Maintain your physical reserves :-
A) Start to exercise daily.
B) Eat balanced diet.
C) Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking
D) Sleep tight, Take break in between your work
E) Built habit that helps to reduce stress.
Some habits that Reduces Stress are:-
1) Be consistent with your sleep as much as possible.
2) Excercise daily for musculoskeletal fitness.
3) Start doing yoga.
5) Read books.
6) Write a journal.
7) Avoid smoking & drinking.
9) Go for counselling.